- Personal Injury
- Car Accident
- Truck Accident
- Motorcycle Accident
- Bicycle / Pedestrian Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Oilfield / Oil Rig Accidents
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Medical Malpractice
- Birth Injury
- Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
- Workers Compensation
- Premises Liability (Slip & Fall)
- Product Liability
- Pharmaceutical Litigation
- Class Actions
Learn more about our knowledgeable, aggressive and dedicated team of Dallas Product Liability Lawyers.
Complete this quick form to send us a message regarding your case.
24/7 Phone Support
Product Liability – Defective Product
Product liability is the area of law in which manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, retailers, and others who make products available to the public could be held responsible for the injuries that those products cause. Product liability is traditionally limited to defective products in the form of tangible personal property. There are three types of product defects: manufacturing defect, design defect, and marketing defect. Claims commonly associated with product liability are negligence, strict liability, and breach of warranty.
Almost any manufactured item can be a defective product including food, cosmetics, toys, baby strollers, tools, automobiles and more. If you or a loved one is injured or killed by a faulty product, you can bring a claim against the manufacturer, distributor, seller of the product to compensate you for your pain and suffering, and financial losses.
If you have been injured due to the use of a defective product, it is strongly urged that you speak with a knowledgeable Oklahoma Product Liability Lawyer as soon as possible. The longer you wait to take action after the injury, the more likely evidence may be lost, the fewer witnesses can be found, and the more difficult it is to build a solid case. If you would like to know what your legal options are, contact our law firm to speak to a knowledgeable and experience Oklahoma Product Liability Lawyer.
Product Liability Defects
There are essentially three types of product defects:
- Manufacturing Defect – Occurs at the time of manufacturing the product.
- Design Defect – Inherent to the product and are present in the product before the manufacturing process.
- Marketing Defect – Include absence of proper warning to the consumers about the dangers of the product.
Causes of Product Liability
Use of a defective product can cause catastrophic injuries, or even death. Below is a list of defective products that have potential for high injury occurrences:
- Diet Pills
- Dietary supplements
- Flammable fabrics – clothing, furniture
- Medical devices – pacemakers, implants
- Cosmetics – lipstick, eyeliner, mascara etc.
- Foods – from grocery stores and fast food chains
- Children’s products – toys, swings, bikes, strollers, cribs
- Electrical equipment – heaters, appliances, power tools
- Medicines – Pharmaceuticals, over-the-counter, prescriptions etc.
- Edible foods - processed food, meat, poultry, vegetables, candy etc.
- Automobiles and auto parts – auto recalls, brakes, tires, car seats, safety belts, engine, gas tank
Have you been injured due to the use of a Defective or Faulty Product?
Product manufacturers, distributors, suppliers and retailers rarely admit to defects of their products. If you believe that you or a loved one’s injuries may have been caused by the use of a defective product, please contact The Law Firm of Marco Palumbo to speak to a Dallas Product Liability Injury Lawyer.
Our law firm is fully prepared to handle all types of products liability cases. When we take on a product liability case, we do everything possible to provide our clients with the understanding, direction and legal guidance they deserve.